Saturday, March 23

Heat wave and the flu

Last Friday we had a quickie heat wave, 90+ degrees, and it's only March. I was curled up on the couch with a blanket and cup of tea, tears from yawning and blowing my nose so much. My temps were high all weekend, and towards Sunday I was just stuffy. Majorly stuffy. As in I finished of 2 boxes of Kleenex. I caught the flu, I've never been this sick.
My nose got red and dry, and I was snorting vicks like I was an addict. Not that it helped. I was miserable.
I was really planning on getting some fabric cutting done, but I could not stand up with my head down for more than 5 minutes.
I was cold, I was hot. I was hungry, but really could not eat anything. I didn't sew and I didn't knit. I stayed curled up and watched the finale of Top Chef.
Saturday I asked Y to move my sewing machine to the dining room table so I could quilt my quilt (haha!) and then when watching nothing on TV I could hand sew the binding.
Tuesday evening, I was still sick, but finished the quilt. Threw it into the wash for a quick crinkle, and tada!

Front & binding

Yesterday we had another quickie heat wave, and the wind was blowing like crazy, so no photo shoot. This morning, it started raining (seriously, rain?!) and the wind started blowing again like crazy. I was a bit disappointed I wouldn't get pictures, but Y is an expert with the camera.

Front, back, details
I fell in love with Sarah Janes fabric line "Out To Sea" a while ago, and quickly bought enough for one quilt. 
This fabric is super soft and adorable, even more so in person.
I'm not a cutsey kind of person, but how can you not love these adorable mermaids?!


I decided to try and keep it "modern girly" and picked out a blue floral pattern. The flowers are tiny and delicate, perfect for this kind of quilt.
The filling is thin but still warm enough, so this is a great summer blanket. Plus, the theme is very summery!



Towards the end, I was over HST. I was over zig zags. Bring on some challenge! But there's just something about the simplicity, I guess it's the clean look I like.
I just keep going back to those charm packs!


I have a plan for this quilt, along with the rest, but not going to let that cat out of the bag yet ;)

Hope everyone has a calm and quiet weekend! ♥








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...