Monday, March 25

Vacation

Awesome. Today is the first day of a (hopefully work doesn't call and need me!) 10 day vacation. Again, awesome! This is a much needed vacation, even if I spend it all at home and rest. Not wasted time if you ask me.
We started the day in bed and just laid around until 10:00. I love my weekend morning coffee in bed, even more so when it's on a weekday!
Tonight is the first night of Passover, and we're off to my Moms, I'm not sure what's on the menu, but I know we're bringing chicken and I asked for tongue. Tongue is so holiday-ee, and I love it!
I'm bringing along my knitting to finish up, only have half a sleeve to do and then it's good to wear. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Pictures hopefully this weekend!
I also hope to get another block or two for my Swoon blanket finished this week. 3 done 6 to go. Yikes.

 A bit wrinkled. Can you spot the bear?

 When I read the pattern, and it said "finished block size 24" ", I figured it would be big. ish. I go by the metric system, and even when I'm told a certain measurement in cm, I'm totally lost. I am not a length person at all. To me, everything is pretty close, or pretty small. 5 minutes away. 20km? That doesn't sound like a lot. (Or does it?!)
Anyways, apparently, 24" is BIG. As in VERY BIG. This sucker is going to cover our whole bed with room for Y to yank more of the blanket onto his side. 



Y took these pictures Saturday, and it was way to windy out to do anything, so into the house we went. the finished quilt will have way better pictures.
I'm not sure which of these three blocks are my favorite so far. Y says that each block I make is prettier than the last. He's so encouraging.
I fall in love with this fabric each time I cut into it. it's just the perfect collection. I'm glad I over bought, but might not be able to bring myself to using the leftover fat quarters!



I'm a bit afraid that the first two blocks are too pale, so I mixed it up with a darker fabric for the third. Those foxes are by far, my all time favorite fabric.
The next block will be the foxes fabric in yellow, hope that one won't be too bright. But if I believe what Y says, I have nothing to worry about.

Have you seen Essie's new Spring nailpolish? Totally into the Madison Hue Ave!




Dogs in slow motion

Not 100% sure why, but I want this


Hope everyone has a lovely week! ♥ 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Coming to you from Sew Many Ways and Find a Friend Friday. I was intrigued by the block in your picture. I'm pretty sure it's called Swoon - right? I've longed to mark that block for at least a year! Yours look fantastic. The soft dreamy ones mixed with those containing stronger colors wll make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is Swoon, thank you! By the lovely Camille Roskelley.
    The blocks looks a tad intimidating, but are really quite easy!
    Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the fabrics you have selected, especially the fox one. I can tell this is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    Enjoy your 10 day vacay...and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. So happy you found inspiration during your visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...